Friday, February 1, 2013

Post-Modern Vibe

Today's card was inspired by a couple of challenges. First, the Picture Perfect Challenge at Paper Smooches SPARKS.

This beautiful photo inspired me to use a color I don't typically use - orange. Paired with grey (the new Hero Arts Charcoal Folded Cards) and with this cool background stamp ("Hip to be Square") I'd say it has a real 1950's look. You all know that is MY decade!

I used the bottle cap to reflect the upholstery nails in the headboard. The sentiment is from "Chit Chat".

The embossed butterfly reflects the porcelain bird on the side table in the photo.  I'm liking orange lots better now.

This is also headed for the current Simon Says Stamp Blog challenge, which is "Anything Goes". There's still plenty of time to play along, although the number of entries is always overwhelming with this particular challenge.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for the nice visit.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...