Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking.......

I am a huge fan of live musical theater. I recently won the chance for a "walk-on role" in the production of "Anything Goes" - I got a great costume and two lines! I had a total blast with it!

With Liz Brenna Strycker, my mentor
With Howard Stateman
While I am a real ham and love performing, I am not at all good at rote memory (I never did master my multiplication tables!), so I can't really be a serious performer.

But when I get a chance like this, I am in my glory! Here I am with a couple of the real actors, Howard and Liz, who were both so talented and sweet.

The producer and the entire cast were so amazingly supportive and kind that I wanted to make them some thank-you cards. Since the theme of the show is a cruise ship in the 1920's, I chose that same theme for my cards.


I used Hero Arts E2493, Cloche Hat, which is perfect for the 1920's and CL371 with Die-namics "Just the Ticket" in this collage-style card. Some kraft and travel-themed pattern papers and some hand-dyed seam binding tie it all together.

Because this design incorporates movement, I am submitting it to the Moxie Fab World movement challenge, based on some of the tips in the great Card Design Handbook.

Thanks again to the South Bay Musical Theater for giving me this chance and for being so gracious and fun! Love you guys.

Thanks for looking in and break a leg!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...