Friday, April 20, 2018

Coloring in a Mondo Fashion

Hi, Blogging Buddies!

I am very excited about today's card. I tried a new (to me)  technique using my favorite medium, Distress Oxide Inks. I "smooched" the inks onto watercolor paper, drying in between layers (a must with Distress Oxides). I misted it with Perfect Pearls and carefully dried the paper, and weighing it down a little to get it flat.

I used my MISTI to stamp an old favorite, Mondo Hydrangea by Julie Ebersole (a great pal and source of inspiration and giggles) by Essentials by Ellen. I then cut out the images and assembled the card. Julie has taught me think of using black more frequently so I gave it a try.

I tried several products for the flower centers, but I decided on my trusty Prisma colored pencils - they did the perfect trick.

I love the results! Im entering this into the Classroom Pin-Sights Challenge, which is using the Pantone Drama Queen Color Palette. You should play along, as you have almost an entire month.

Thanks so much for the visit and have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...