Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New All Over!

My dear crafty friend and teacher Bibiana just announced that she has a new card-making blog - please check it out. She is super-talented, a patient teacher and very dear lady.

I made a card to congratulate her on this new venture, using her blog as the color and design inspiration for my card. I added my own touch of whimsey so she'll know it is from me - ha!

I used some new corrugated kraft cardstock (from Michael's) and my new Newspaper Owl (D5562) Hero Arts stamp. I also used a couple of old favorite Hero stamps, CG434 and CL570 (doesn't it go perfectly with the owl?!) and Spellbinders Labels 17.

Bibiana loves Distress Inks, so I used my Distress Markers to color the flowers and then spritzed with Perfect Pearls and water. The sentiment is heat embossed and the owl is colored with Copic pens.

Bibiana encourages us to decorate the inside of cards (something I rarely do), but I did it for this one, just for her!

Since this card is all about new things, I am entering in the current Hero Arts contest, "Try Something New".

Congratulations, dear friend. You are going to love blogging and we are going to love that you do it! Thanks for looking,


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...