Saturday, November 3, 2012

Holiday Card Class - Days 3 & 4

Yep, this is a "two-fer". I combined the techniques from two different classes to make these little cards. I used the "Score Line Dry Embossing Technique" that Kristina Werner shared on Day 3 and the "Winter Copic Coloring Techniques" that Sandy Allnock (the angel behind "Operation Write Home") shared on Day 4.

I colored this vintage Santa (sorry - I've had this set for years and don't have the info on it) with Sandy's kind directions. It was quicker than it looks. I added a little Glossy Accents for the eyeglasses.

I cut out one of the images to show more of the background, which is colored with Evergeen Bough Distress Ink (from my dear blogging buddy, Brenda - Thanks!) - it results in a completely different look, don't ya think?

On the larger card I flipped the background over to make half of the score lines, which resulted in both "mountain" and "valley" scores, which adds extra interest. I also decided not to add embellishments/sentiments to these jolly fellows to allow the image to be the true focal point.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...