Monday, July 4, 2011

Yankee Doodle Dandy!

My friend Sylvia was born on the 4th of July!  She is really good to me - she is a cashier at my local Michael's store. When I have forgotten my coupon or need to find something (they move stuff around all the time in there!), she looks out for me.

My husband doesn't understand how all the staff in Michael's know my name and what projects I am working on.......if he only knew the hours (and money!) I spend there. Shhhhhhh.........

I made Sylvia this combo Birthday and 4th of July card. I used my new Tim Holtz Mini Rosette die to make the miniature bunting. What a fun die - you just accordion-fold the pieces, glue them together and you have a cute 3-D element. Not too good for mailing, however. I used some paper from my stash, punched (Fiskars, the easy-on-your-hand punches) stars and some bling. I made the little flag out of a piece of flag ribbon and a hat pin!

I see that this picture is a little out of focus. Maybe because it is so hot?! Stay safe and same out there! Thanks for "popping" by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...