Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Flippin' Summer!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I thought that I would post a card that I made for the on-line Summer Card Camp that I am "attending". Every week there is a new color challenge. This week's was to use these colors in a card. Fun and summery, eh?

I decided to really get my toes wet, so to speak. I used some great patterned paper from Pink Paislee called "Hometown Summer". Perfect. The stamp set is Hero Arts CL512. I embossed the flip-flops (can you believe it - we used to call them thongs?!) in white onto some of the printed paper. The banners are made by cutting some paper that I had punched out with an ek border punch. Easy! Some twine and tiny vellum flowers (K&Company) were added. Finally, for extra fun and texture, I added some Tahaiti Beach "sand" by Muddpuddles. It comes in a little jar and you just spread it on.

Because I used a border punch for the banners I plan to enter this is Moxie Fab World's Beautiful Borders challenge. Thanks for looking and have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...