Monday, August 24, 2015

Outside My Comfort Zone

Happy Monday, Bloggin' Buddies!

I tend to be very controlled and precise when making cards - perhaps it is a result of my training, education and career. That isn't a bad thing, but I have been trying to get out of that zone and try some more "fluid" and "artsy" techniques.

To that end I recently took a class where we learned to use watercolor pencils with floral stencils. It wasn't easy for me, but the more I did the more I loved it.

This is one of results that I have saved - there are several that I did not. I used a Penny Black stencil, a random background stamp (stamped with Distress Ink), and some Gesso (applied with fingertips). Since I was already on the edge I decided to use a vellum panel (that stuff has always intimidated me) for my sentiment (Simon Says Stamp). I added some Pearl Pen dots for some dimension.

I plan to keep playing with this technique and continue to find ways to challenge myself creatively.
Have a great week and thanks for the visit!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...