Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 7, the Grand Finale!

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies!

Wowzer, but did I ever have fun with today's lesson. I loved all of the techniques, but Kathy Racoosin's "Hidden Letter" technique with alphabet dies had me in love. She did such a great job with her example that I couldn't wait to give it a whirl.

Did I tell you haw much I am loving my Gansai Tambi water colors?! Oh, MY!! It is unbelievable and so worth the investment. I'm glad that I got the 36-color set.

Anyway, I stretched some watercolor paper and went to town heat embossing and old favorite from Hero Arts, CG134, "Large Flower". I did a background first, let it dry and then painted the flower. When it was all dry I sprayed it with some Perfect Pearls, let it dry again and over-stamped it with Hero Arts S1832, "Italian Poetry". The sentiment is Hero Arts CL371, "Essential Messages", and the alphabet dies are Memory Box "Parker Upper Case".

Can you see the raised letters in the second photo? Unbelievable!

What a great series - I really recommend it it you want to make the most of your dies.

Thanks for the visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...