Friday, January 30, 2015

Glow On!

Hello, dear Bloggin' Buddies!

My husband's best friend (since 2nd grade!) - he's my friend now, too - recently had a milestone birthday so I thought I'd make him a card. I don't really like to make masculine cards, but one of Larry's hobbies is collecting antique and vintage lanterns. When I found this perfect stamp, I knew I had it handled.

This lantern stamp is from a San Francisco Bay Area (Berkeley) company from which I have bought stamps for over thirty years - Leavenworth Jackson. Very cool and unique stamps! I haven't bought many from them recently since I am trying to avoid wood-mounted stamps, but this was worth an exception!
I sure wish you could see this in person - I just haven't figured out the best spot for natural light photographs in our new house.
The Hero Arts gold embossing powder seriously glows.

For the background I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink, Cup O' Joe, and a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The lantern is cut with Spellbinders Labels 4, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts "Birthday Messages". On the insdie I used Hero Arts "Glow Girl" set and stamped "Keep Calm and Glow On". Perfect!


Thanks so much for the visit - have a glowing weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...