Friday, July 3, 2020

Oldie But Goodie (& I don't just mean ME!)

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!
I am having such fun going through all of my older Hero Arts stamps for the current challenge at "A Blog Named Hero". It is "Combine Old & New".

For today's card I am using a well-worn wood stamp from 2002 called "A Real Daisy #C2624"

I don't keep many wood stamps because of storage limitations but this is a classic and it never lets me down. I stamped it in layers of Distress Oxide Inks in shades of pink and added some mist and splatters. This became the background for a cute image from one of my newest sets, "Kittens in Kimonos #CM443".

Although I am not a big cat person, I love Asian style cards and I make many for folks in my church which was founded by Issei (the first generation of Japanese immigrants).




I added a sweet sentiment from the set and a couple of small strips of gold cardstock. I am just delighted with the results and appreciate that the challenge caused me to think outside the box.

Thanks for the visit! Stay safe and keep crafty,






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...