Monday, June 1, 2020

One More for the Food Fun!

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!
Happy Monday and Happy June!

In my last post I shared a card I make with the fun Impression Obsession stamp set "Birthday Wishes". It was still on my craft table and I simply wasn't ready to put it away. So, here we go again with the current challenge "Play With Your Food"!

For this card I decided to try a technique that Jennifer McGuire shared on a recent blog post. She calls this the "Distress Stencil Technique "https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2020/05/distress-stencils-new-distress-color-discount-code-giveaway.html. I actually used Distress Oxide Inks for my panel and it worked just fine.

The technique involves heavily inking a panel and running it through a die-cutting machine with a stencil and a baby wipe. There was a learning curve for me. My first stencil was too detailed - larger images seem to work best - and I had to adjust the pressure with paper shims. But I finally got it and I really like it!

I used this festive rainbow striped panel for my card. I colored the cake with Copics and cut it out. The banner on the cake is paper-pieced and lifted for added dimension. I had a portion of a glitzy doily from my previous post, so I used it to set off the image. In keeping with the colorful party theme I added some terrific reflective letters (they REALLY are - I had difficulty photographing this without getting my face on the letters!), Wink of Stella, Stickles and lots of dimension.


Talk about playful....don't you want to dance at this party?

Thanks so much for the visit - stay well and keep crafty.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...