Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Hero Arts Crafty Challenge

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

As I have mentioned here before, Hero Arts was the first real stamping company that happened during my early card-making days. We grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area together! I was with them at the start and I'll be with them as long as I am able to make cards.

Because small businesses like this have been struggling, I've decided to use some of my time-proven old favorite hero Arts stamps for this Crafty Challenge #9 to show them my loyalty. The challenge is a sketch challenge using this sample:
I have taken some liberties with the sketch, which is totally appropriate.....it is intended to get us thinking outside our box.

My card uses an old favorite from 2009 called "Silhouette Flower". I stamped it with Distress Oxide Inks, brushed the flowers with a Versafine pen and added some clear embossing powder. Then I cut the stamped down in size with a stitched die.

I added some distressing and a sentiment from a classic 2011 set.

This sure is nothing like my normal style. In fact, I almost never use patterned paper anymore, but this is a lovely piece by Blue Fern Studios. It looks like many of the Distress oxide backgrounds I routinely make. And using it sure is lots less messy!

Hero Arts Products Used:
Silhouette Flower
Everyday Sayings
Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for the visit! Stay crafty,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...