Tuesday, November 6, 2018

I "Felt" Creative



Can you tell that I'm loving it? A soapy, fun mess!
That's me on the right.

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I did something really different last night and I want to share it with you. I attended a felting class. If you are unsure, felting is the agitation of wool with warm water and friction (we used nylon netting) to coax the tiny scales in the wool to separate and become lovely wool felt.

One can make all kinds of things like hats, purses, scarves, etc. As beginners, we felted bars of Dove soap! There were tons of different and brilliant colors of carded wool from which to choose.

Crazy fun! The felted bars apparently exfoliate skin beautifully when used in the tub/shower.

I always love to learn new crafts and it was great to be with some remarkable new women friends. 


Felted Soap Bars


The results are interesting and colorful. Years ago I used a different felting technique (shrinking a wool sweater from the Goodwill in the clothes dryer!) to make a beautiful and unique purse.
I made cards to thank our patient and helpful teachers - they were fun (yes, there was wine!), kind, and so experienced. 

Distress Oxide Inks were sponged through two different stencils (Hero Arts for the pink green and Kite for the blue/green) onto Bristol cardstock for easy blending. The silly sentiment (stamped in pigment ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts clear embossing powder) is by Laugh Out Loud and I stamped another one in black ink on the envelopes. I added some crystal sequins for some texture and interest.

This is headed for the current challenge "Make Your Own Background" at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge's blog.

Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful and creative week,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...