Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Brushing Up on Brushos

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Yesterday my card-making friend Shirley (who is also the amazing President of our "Paper Arts" group) invited a few of us over to learn some techniques/play with Brushos.

I was introduced to these a few years ago but I never really got into them because I am such a control freak and there is NO CONTROL with this product! But, I am trying to loosen up and enjoy them because they really are spectacular and lots of fun. Thanks, Shirley!

This is the first background I made using the pre-wet background technique. I spritzed it with a little Perfect Pearls after it was dry to give it a shimmer.

My sense was that this needed to be a fall-themed card. I used the Memory Box "Boddington Tree Border" die and added an embossed  Paper Smooches ("Salutations") sentiment mounted on a tag from the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations "Thinlits" tag dies.

I love the results and am just delighted to have had this friendly inspiration.

Thanks for the visit and have a great week,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...