Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back to School

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

School starts today for the young ones around here.

I had been eyeing the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Pop-Up die for quite awhile and finally decided that I had to have it. I used it on this card I made to celebrate the new school year for a sweet young gal who often crafts with me.

Let me just say that it all looked so much easier on all the videos! I know I should have done a "test drive" to shake out all the bugs, but once I decided to do it, I jumped right on in. There are little idiosyncrasies that one must figure out and allow for - the next one will be easier. It must be- ha!

I thought a "wise owl" theme would be fun, not just because I get a real kick out of owls, but because I have quite a collection of owl stamps (many are quite old - can't seem to let them go!). These are all from Hero Arts. I made a neutral colored box and each owl has sparkly & bold color.  I used a couple of computer-generated sentiments for two of the box flaps.

This folds so perfectly into a regular A3 envelope and I adore the sweet tiny star and heart dies that are included in the set.

Now that I have walked through the construction of this, I believe that future ones will go together much less effortlessly and that I will be able to make them even more complex and fun. I knew all those years of studying architecture would come in handy some day!

Thanks for the visit and grab your pee-chees and your lunch boxes (now you know how old I really am!) and be wise in school!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...