Friday, August 8, 2014

Hope Times Three

A few weeks ago I attended a class at The Paper Garden in Sacramento, CA. It was taught by the amazing Peggy Jo Ackley of Pink Ink Stamp Company (formerly Lockhart Stamp Company). She taught us a bunch of different watercolor background techniques using Twinkling H20s and had us make a nifty little swatch book for future reference. Very cool.

I finally had time to give some of this a try. I have a difficult time with watercolor because I have serious control issues and I also hate messes!

I got out paints and some Twinkling H20s, created a big mess and gave it a try. Of the seven backgrounds I prepared, only five were salvageable.

I heat embossed one of my favorite current stamps by Neat and Tangled called Hope Anchors onto the backgrounds. I just love the message of hope and encouragement derived from Hebrews 6:19. I previously made several cards using this stamp for the friends we met when we went on a cruise with my sister-in-law's church.

Here are three samples. I used a Tim Holtz stencil on the green one to add some definition. To each I added a strip of glittery paper and some matching punched stars.

Hope you are enjoying the last vestiges of summer!
Thanks for the sweet visit & have a great weekend,





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...