Thursday, September 20, 2012

Celebrating Fifteen and Bon Voyage!

Last week (while many of you were at Scrapfest!) Gary and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Now, I know that 15 years isn't much compared to many of you, but it is a milestone for us (like my pal Robin, we can't wait for our 40th to celebrate).

Each of us waited patiently for decades until we found our perfect match. I had actually given up on the idea of marriage and was quite happy and fulfilled as a single gal.

We finally met when we were in our mid-40's. It was as if we had known each other all our lives - similar backgrounds, values, personalities. I thought we would be best pals, but Gary had other ideas!

Some were concerned that we had each been so independent for so long that we would find marriage difficult, but we celebrate every single day - laughing, supporting and loving! Our only regret is that we don't get to have grandkids, but Gary has blessed me with the BEST extended family and dear friends who are like family. It is all good and just keeps getting better.

I love this Penny Black stamp (Tom & Tilly) because you don't see the faces, so it really could be US! I paper-pieced it to represent the clothes that we wear. The perfect inside sentiment is Technique Tuesday by Ali Edwards (I love her work!). That brilliance is from shiny Candi embellishments.

Thanks so much for checking in. We are heading out for special anniversary cruise, so I will be unplugged for a few of weeks - I'll miss you all! Happy crafting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...