Monday, July 9, 2012

Streeeetching

into Summer!

This card is the result of inspiration from many sources (other than great long sunny days, beautiful sandy beaches and the ocean, which is my second home).

First there is the current challenge over at A Blog Named Hero to stretch our stamps. For this card I used the same stamp as a background stamp and as the feature element. Double-duty!


I was reminded of using the technique of repetition from my amazing bloggin' buddy Virginia Lu who is doing a wonderful series on "How I Stretch My Stamps" and it worked well for this background, which I stamped with Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink.

       In addition, one of the current "Stamp It!" challenges over at Moxie Fab World is the Hello Card Challenge which reminds us to make and send a card just to say hello, check in and stay connected. Thanks, Cath!

Finally, this month's contest at the Hero Arts blog is about summer adventures and using neon (there are touches of neon on the flip-flops and the reflection on the sunglasses), so this card fills the bill. The stamps are Hero Arts CL512 and CL456 and, yes, that is real sand (thanks, Gary!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...