Friday, September 2, 2011

Shimmering Mer-boy!

I thought that I would end this week with something a little different. As you know, I am an ocean and mermaid nut. Several years ago Mary Engelbreit had a magazine called the "Home Companion" in which she provided some graphics for crafting. I saved this little Mer-boy, knowing that I would use it someday. Well, the day arrived!

I trimmed out the image, placed it on some backing, added dictionary wings, mounted it on top of an oval box and added tons (and I do mean tons) of embellishments, glitter, Stickles, and shells. And even more super-fine glitter. Everywhere.

I just wish that I could better capture the shimmery glory of this little box! So, hubby says, "It is pretty, but what is it for?" Huuuum......well...he is right! No purpose other than to make my heart smile a little!

I am entering this in Simon Says Stamp anything goes challenge - hope it qualifies 'cause it is anything!

Thanks for looking and have a super holiday weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...