Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ATC 's - Artist Trading Cards

This month's challenge at the Hero Arts blog includes making ATC's. I have never made them, but they have been quite the rage among paper crafters for some time. They are miniature works of art created on 2 ½ X 3 ½ inch card stock (the size of a standard playing card). They are originals, small editions and, most importantly, self-produced. The idea is that you trade them with other people who produce cards.
I gave it a try this weekend, inspired by the work of one of my favorite assemblage artists, Tim Holtz. He is the master of the distressed look. For these cards I used Tim Holtz dies and lots of dauber paints, Glossy Accents, inks and stains by Ranger. It is all about layering the colors. For the Butterfly Card I used the Hero Arts Friends Definition stamp (CG125) and some clear printed tape by Tim Holtz. For the Hardware Card I used Hero's Flourish Background stamp (CG119). I may have broken the ATC rules by having an element extend beyond the limits of the card, but it is what I did.

While this was a fun exercise, I will more than likely make greeting cards out of these ATC's. Somehow I just don't see myself getting into making these in a serious way. But, one never knows! Thanks for checking in and have a glorious day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...