Saturday, August 1, 2020

A Little Break

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

This Blogger app will be undergoing a major change very soon and I just am not able to learn all of the new intricacies right now. I also need to sharpen my photographing skills. In addition, I need to give some time to some other activities (including some card and jewelry making!) so I will be taking a break from this blog. It is fun and sharing ideas and entering challenges is good for creativity, but right now other things are calling.

Before going I want to share with you a card I made using Lawn Fawn's "Pivot Pup-Up" die, a Hero Arts background stamp and a favorite stamp set from Ellen Hutson. I love this so much!

My church has a rich Japanese heritage so I like to make Asian-inspired cards and I always love combining just the right product from more than one company (although that isn't possible when entering many challenges).

For this card I gold heat-embossed the beautiful background stamp from Hero Arts on the card front. I added serval layers of a "hello" die cut. Then, on the inside I used some beautiful origami paper from my local paper store. The Lawn Fawn die created the amazing pop-up element which was colored by ink-blending Distress Oxide Inks from Tim Holtz. The adorable girls were stamped, colored with Copic markers, die cut and detailed with some paper-piecing from origami paper. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set.
























Products Used:
Avery Elle "Simply Said Hello" die (retired)
Ellen Hutson ""So Macha" stamps and dies by Julie Ebersole
Hero Arts "Kittens in Kimonos" stamps and dies and "Parasol Pattern Bold Print" stamp
Lawn Fawn "Pivot Pop-Up" die

Thanks so much for the visit! Stay well and keep crafting,



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...