Monday, June 6, 2016

A "Challenging" Monday

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I had the chance this weekend to look over some current challenges - it has been awhile. I decided on the one at Art Impressions, one of my favorite stamp companies. Have you seen all the videos and new lines of products they have been producing?!

But, as much as I love the new things, I continue to reach for my old favorites! And I've done it again. You've seen him here before, and you more than likely will again - one of my all-time favorites, the sneering old buzzard!

The Challenge is "Layer it On Me" and while I don't (yet) have the Mini Trifolds and the Clasp Keepers that are featured on the blog, I decided to go with what I have and what I love.

I used Copics to color the big guy, used a Pico Embellisher for his eye, and splattered him with some watercolor. I cut out this layer with a stitched dye and edged the shape with some Distress Embossing Powder. This is a technique that I've been wanting to try and it seemed perfect for this card.

Then I laid on the layers. First is the amazing woodgrain paper that I frequently use, then some torn vellum, and finally some wood patterned paper. I tied it all up with some dark twine which I attached with Tim's Mini Attacher.

You have until June 8th to play along. Thanks for the visit - have a grand week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...