Sunday, January 11, 2015

Playing with Watercolor

Hello, dear Blogging Buddies:

I was so inspired by this lovely card by the amazing Laura Bassen (can you believe her?!). I love her blog - please check it out.

I did NOT make my own flower (what can't that gal do?) as she did, but used a Prima from my stash. I water-colored the background with Squeezed Lemonade and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks. This is not an easy technique for me.

To help soften up the lines and add a bit of shimmer, I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls mist. That is always a good thing to add to any design, as far as I'm concerned.

The stamp is an old one (2009) from Hero Arts ("Birthday Frames") that I almost sold at the annual used stamp sale in which I participate, but I thought it might just be perfect for the chalkboard technique, and I think it is. I did some heat embossing and added some Hero Arts Snow Chalk Ink and white colored pencil to achieve the look.

The leaves were cut from vellum with another oldie - Spellbinders Foliage dies.

I made this card for a wonderful gal in my card-making class who has been so friendly to me - she is super-fun and very talented. She has already thanked me, so I am safe posting it.

Have a great week and thanks for the visit,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...