Sunday, July 7, 2013

Window Under the Ocean

We returned from our 4th of July adventure early because it was just too stinkin' hot - but we had lots of fun. I didn't mind because I had been thinking about the challenge at Paper Smooches Sparks featuring this glorious underwater photo.

So, okay - maybe the heat got to me. Clean and simple this is NOT! But I had so much fun. It has been years since I made a diorama card. I had to sharpen my math and fussy cutting skills!


This card is three layers of oceanic goodness. The top panel is the shore, with some real sand (thanks, Hubby!). The center panel has an acetate window to allow for the 3-D effect of the fishes swimming around - and there is a rusty old anchor submerged in the sand. The back panel has the super-friendly whale saying "Huge Thanks".

This is difficult to photograph, so I hope you can understand and see it. It even folds flat for mailing!

Thanks for splashing by and have a wonderful week!
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Surf and Turf, Wicked Nauticool

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...