Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jingle Bell Monster

Our little (and very cool) grand-nephew loves all things monster. So, I decided to make a gift tag for him using the current Paper Smooches SPARKS designer draft challenge and a technique from Ellen's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. And, because my design features snowflakes, I will make it another entry into Simon Says Stamp's current challenge. All super-amazing!

The current designer challenge at Paper Smooches SPARKS is to use this great sketch:

I used 4 different paper Smooches stamp sets for this baby: Little Fella, My Peeps (for the hat), Dippy Dots (for the background) and Geo-Graphic. Fun!

As for technique, I used Jennifer McGuire's acetate tag technique, using white Staz-on for a background. I raised the acetate from the backing tag to produce some lovely shadows (you can see it better on the close up). I also used her Copic coloring-on-metal technique for the snowflakes, but I added some snowflake embellishments on top of them for extra dimension and contrast.

Hope you have a monster of a day! Thanks for checking us out.






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...