Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Sunflower

I have been struggling with "Clean and Simple" designs, so when I saw that the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays was to use vellum, I had to give it a try. Vellum has always stymied me. I find it difficult due to its translucent (as opposed to transparent) property and because you can't attach it without adhesive showing through. And, you must watch out for smearing.

Other than that....ha! I love this old (2006) Hero Arts stamp (H4049). It reminds me of the great Marimekko fabric designs from the 1960's. I colored the back of the vellum to slightly highlight he sentiment (CG262). Very simple, eh?

I also will be entering this in the Hero Arts Blog monthly contest for "thinking of you" cards and the Simon Says Stamp Joy's Photo Inspiration challenge.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...