Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm seeing through you.....

I have been thinking (okay - when I should be sleeping!) about two challenges, Moxie Fab World's "Spectacular Spectacles" and A Blog Named Hero's "Topsy Turvy", which is to use a sentiment for something other than a sentiment.

I had a Hero Arts stamp set (CL350) on my desk and all I could see when I looked at the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was a pair of glasses! So, I put the two challenges together for this card.

I stamped the sentiment with white Stazon onto the acetate card (Hero Arts PS454) and paper-pieced Mr. Frog (Hero F5294). I used dark tones to allow for more contrast with the front sentiment. The P's do make cute glasses and I even added a sentiment (Hero CL135) as a lily pad for this little guy.

I don't often make acetate cards and now I know why! They are close to impossible to photograph! Not only do they reflect every bit of light, the static picks up lots of tiny particles and they do not close flat. I have NEVER seen fingers in a card photo (isn't it a personal touch?!), but after hours of trying, there was just nothing else I could do.

This will also go into the current Hero Arts blog contest for birthday cards. Thanks for hoppin' by and have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...