Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mother's Day Card and My New Photo

Good Morning!

Today I have a Mother's Day card that I made for the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp. I made it with a new Memory Box stamp called "Dogwood Branch" (F1847). I know - I have never seen a blue dogwood - call it artist's license! I kind of went crazy buying Memory Box papers, stamps and dies last week from the Spring 2012 collection - I love them. I pretty much CASED (that stands for Copy and Steal Everything!) a card from the website, so I can't call this an original design. But it was fun! My dear Aunt loves dogwoods, so this is for her. The sentiment is Hero Arts CL498. I love the softness and the colors.

I also want to thank so many of you for your positive comments on my new blog photo! You are most kind. My previous photo was quite dated and, I am happy to report, with a year of very serious dieting/portion control and regular rigorous exercise (no gastric surgery!), I have lost about 80 pounds. It hasn't been easy, but I feel great. I do think that I look significantly older - I miss my chubby rosy cheeks, as seen in this photo that was used when I was Moxie Fabber of the Week back in August, 2011!

I still have a long way to go, but I know that I can do it. My husband, family and friends have been so understanding and supportive. I can't believe that I actually like exercising now! Thanks again to each of you.

Thanks for checking in and have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...