Friday, October 22, 2010

Come on down!

Those of you who follow me on a regular basis know how I feel about the paper-crafting and rubber stamp company Hero Arts. Their products are top quality (in fact I no longer buy stamps from other companies - I just do not do it!), their blog is most inspiring and their instructional videos are the best. I have been making cards with their products and submitting them to various challenges for several months. I actually developed this blog to help spotlight their products and the cards I make with them. Well, yesterday I learned that a card I made was a "fresh face" winner in the Holiday Card Challenge! Read more about it here.

The technique for this card came from Jennifer McGuire's great Two Peas in a Bucket series on Holiday Thinking Inking. She is the most amazing mentor! The dear deer (I stamped it twice and raised its head with dimensionals) is a Hero Arts digi image provided free by 2Peas and the city is one of my favorites, Hero Arts' Silly Scape. I used lots of Ranger Distress inks!

The sentiment inside the card is "Where are the reindeer games?" I am so touched by this recognition and I can't believe the quality of the work of the other winners. I still have lots to learn and Hero Arts will provide the tools and inspiration. Thanks, Hero Arts; love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...